Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Preschool - A new Adventure


My Little Viking on his first Day
 Nathan started Preschool this week. I think he likes it, he keeps agreeing to go back. With it came many changes for our family. No more sleeping in and staying up late, daily alone time for Kahlan and I, keeping to a schedule. So far so good, we all adjusted to the schedule change well. We get to see John for a little bit in the morning and I know its good for both kids.




Nathan was hesitant telling us what he learned at school the first day. I wanted to know so badly but he kept saying I'll tell you tomorrow. Finally I bribed him and he told me. Then he sang a new song he learned that day. A whole new song he learned in one day and was able to repeat to me! You would have though he cured cancer by how proud I was. While I know its just a cute song about ducks teaching kids about numbers to me it was success, Nathan can leave me and be with people other than family and thrive and learn. That means that John and I raised a good little boy.



Waiting to go to class on the second day
On the Second Day of School as we were getting out of the car Nathan looks right at Kahlan and says "Sissy I need you to take care of my animals when you get home. They will miss me when I am gone at school and you are good with animals." Then he looks at me and says "Mama you need to help too. Especially Puppers, hes my favorite and I love him lots. Ok guys you will do that for me?" We did, Kahlan and I had a tea party with them and Kahlan took her dog Barkers and Puppers to school to meet Nathan when we picked him up.




Toy shopping at Walmart
I've been keeping Kahlan busy this week. When she is at home she gets a little restless and misses Nathan, I am sure she will adjust soon. But she is enjoying "Mommy School" aka shopping, playing and laundry ;).
We went on an adventure to find her a back back this week as she needed to have one for Mommy School.


I love that they love each other so much.
The Pet Store is always a huge hit
While I thought school was going to be this hard adjustment for everyone it turned out that everything worked out well. We get to enjoy quick outings after school and went to the pet store Friday and enjoyed sonic sundaes for lunch ( shhhh don't tell, sometimes moms need to spoil good kids too) I can't wait for the rest of the school year and all the new and fun things this new stage in our life will bring. I am also going to get to learn how much I can fit into 2 1/2 hours with Kahlan. :) If you are local and want to hang out we are free in the AM, I am done dropping him off by 8:10.

No comments:

Post a Comment